Occupancy: The maximum occupancy for Villa Mateo is 10 persons. Use of the Villa and its common areas is limited to the group reserved in the rental agreement.
Smoking: Smoking is permitted outside the Villa only. Please dispose of cigarettes/cigars in designated canisters only. Extra cleaning/replacement fees will be assessed if there are any smoking related odors/damage inside or litter outside the Villa.
Students: Villa Mateo is not rented to student groups under 25 years of age.
Pets: Pets are not permitted in Villa Mateo.
Electricity, Water and Towels: Here are guidelines for the use of these services.
Here is the rental contract for Villa Mateo.
- "Guest" is 25 years of age or older.
- "Guest" is the individual responsible for renting the Villa on behalf of all guests.
- "Guest" is the individual responsible for complying with all required payments.
- "Guest" is to be the occupant of the Villa during the entire reserved period.
Check-In: Check-In is after 4pm CST without prior approval.
Check-Out: Check-Out is by 10am CST without prior approval. A fee of $50 per hour will be assessed for each hour past the required check-out time.
Reservation/Damage Deposit: Your reservation deposit must be recevied to confirm your reservation. As your reservation deposit, it is non-refundable in the event of cancellation and is not applied toward your rental fee. Upon date of check-in this deposit shall be converted to your "Damage Deposit" and is refundable within 15 days after check-out, providing that the following conditions are met:
- All charges accrued during the stay outside the rental fee are paid prior to departure.
- All keys are left on the kitchen table and the Villa is left unlocked.
- No damage is done to the Villa or it's common areas, it's contents or property beyond normal wear and tear.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- The renter is not evicted by Villa Mateo management or local law enforcement.
In the event of charges/fees described above, Guest agrees that Villa Mateo management will deduct the amount from the Damage Deposit.
- If a confirmed notice of cancellation is received more than 90 days prior to your check-in date, then the rental fee is refunded to the Guest and the Reservation/Damage Deposit is forfeited by the Guest.
- If a confirmed notice of cancellation is received within 90 days of your check-in date:
And Villa is re-rented: Rental Fee is refunded to Guest and Reservation/Damage Deposit
is forfeited by Guest.
And Villa is not re-rented: Rental Fee will be forfeited by Guest and Reservation/Damage
Deposit will be refunded to Guest.
- Shortened stays or early departure do not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
The purchase of trip insurance is strongly recommended, as it is intended to protect travelers from unforseen circumstances that cause cancellation or interruption, included but not limited to hurricanes, illness, etc. Trip insurance will be the sole remedy for the occurance of such perils and is available through sites such as insuremytrip.com
(Note: Villa Mateo is not affiliated with insuremytrip.com or any other travel insurance company.)
Beach, Spa, Pools and Patios:
Guest acknowldges that the amenities at Villa Mateo include a spa, pools, patios and direct beach access; Guest is fully aware that these areas can be dangerous, are unsupervised, can be slippery when wet, and that injury is possible to anyone who uses them. All guests should observe any posted policies. With full knowledge of the above facts and warnings, Guest accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of these areas.
Villa Mateo and its owners/managers do not assume any liability for loss, damage, or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do these parties accept liability from any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects in utilities, nor will the parties accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond their control.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
The Guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and admistrators, fully releases and discharges Villa Mateo and it's owners/managers from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury of whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the Guest, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Villa Mateo and it's owners/managers free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.